A new staple in my routine

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Today is going to be a product review, on the extremely popular Luna Sleeping Night Oil by Sunday Riley.




I wanted this product for so long after hearing such amazing things about it, but could never commit to the hefty price tag of £85.00. I kept an eye out for any offers on it, and eventually found the following kit from Sephora: The Power Couple Duo, Total Transformation Kit.
It contains Luna Sleeping Night Oil, and the Good Genes Lactic acid mask, which are both some of Sunday Riley's best selling products. Sephora is a US company, and the kit is $78 (£57.80) plus shipping. I thought this was well worth it, seeing as the full size Night Oil is normally £85, and the Good Genes treatment is also normally £85! The kit is available here.

The night oil is a retinol based product, which reduces pore size, prevents fine lines and wrinkles and generally improves the appearance of the skin. 

There is no paraffin or mineral oil in this, or sulfates or any of those horrible ingredients. It's a perfect cocktail of 'nature' and science, with it's lovely essential oils, plus the trans-retinol. Retinol is another name for Vitamin A, which is known to be a cell communicating ingredient, metaphorically speaking, it 'tells' your skin cells to behave, and to act like a younger, healthy skin cell. It helps regulate shedding of dead skin cells, reduces inflammation, and increases collagen production.
Vitamin A is the best ingredient on the market if you are concerned with lines and wrinkles, however some people can have sensitivity to it, this claims to be irritation-free due to the addition of plant oils. I had no tingling or stinging when I applied it, it just felt like I was giving my skin a drink. It contains 7 essential oils, which can be irritating to some people. A patch test would be a good idea with this. 


The colour of this is a deep bluey-green colour, due to the blue tansy oil, and when it is applied to the skin it turns clear. It smells nice, not too strong, but not amazing either, I don't really mind that it doesn't smell amazing, I'm just happy with the results! 

This is designed to be used at bedtime, after cleansing and toning, you press a few drops into your skin.

In the morning, I literally couldn't believe the results. My skin was soooo smooth, smoother than I'd ever felt it before, and that's saying something, given the amount of products I've tried and currently use. I ran my fingers across my cheek and it just felt like silk, I've never used the expression 'smooth as a baby's bum' but I think this deserves the title.
My skin tone was much more even, any areas of redness had gone and my pores were literally invisible. I spent longer than I'd like to admit, staring at my skin up close in the mirror and thinking "wow".
Later on that day, a lady even commented on how beautiful my skin was, and that doesn't happen very often. It's nice to have a compliment on your skin, not your make up.

So, now I know what all the fuss is about with this product, it has quickly become a staple in my routine that I don't think I'll ever be without. I strongly recommend that you try this too.

Have you tried this product? What did you think of it? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments