Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Pads: Review

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Hi everyone, long time, no post! 
I know I've been absent for a while, let's just say life gets in the way sometimes, work, family events, and I've been moving house so that's been pretty busy. Unfortunately, as much as I love writing posts, they sometimes fall towards the bottom of my list! I have a mini review/recommendation for you today.

As some of you will know, I am a big fan of using liquid exfoliating acids instead of using scrubs. I use an acid toner everday, it really helps keep my skin clear and smooth.
I've been testing out the Nip & Fab Glycolic pads for a while now, they are pads pre-soaked in liquid exfoliator. Nip & Fab has become quite a popular range, it was founded by Maria Hatzistefanis, who is also the founder of Rodial skincare. Nip & Fab is basically a cheaper alternative to Rodial!
The Nip & Fab range is easily accessible as you can pick them up in Boots & Superdrug, and they're a good price, too.

Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Pads , £12.99 (on offer in Boots at the moment, for £6.49)

These are probably the most well known pads in their range, the main ingredient is glycolic acid which is really effective for lines & wrinkles, and resurfacing the skin. 
These are gentle enough for everyday use, and they don't feel tingly at all, as the strength of the glycolic acid is just 2.8%. As a comparison for anyone who uses it, Alpha H Liquid Gold is 10% strength, which is why that can't be used everyday. These pads also contain hyaluronic acid which is AMAZING for hydrating the skin, and witch hazel to purify. 
These smell ok, not amazing but not horrible, they smell quite 'chemical-like'. I find these can be slightly drying, as they do contain alcohol denat (as the price reflects), but not too much of a high amount that I wouldn't use them. I'd say these are a good starting point, or cheaper alternative to some acid toners. 

Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme, £14.95 (on offer in Boots for £9.97 at the moment)

These are the 'extreme' version of the ones above. The glycolic acid strength is higher at 5%, plus they also contain two other liquid acid exfoliants; salicylic acid (brilliant for spots, oily skin and congestion) and lactic acid (great, gentle exfoliant for sensitive or dehydrated skin). They also contain hyaluronic acid, as the ones above. 
For me, these are not really 'extreme', as they are the same percentage of glycolic acid as Pixi Glow tonic at 5%, which is suitable for everyday use. I actually prefer these than the ones above, as they don't contain alcohol denat, plus they are more effective due to the extra acid content. These smell nicer than the ones above, too, a nice fresh zesty citrus scent. I'd say these are a suitable alternative to Pixi Glow tonic.

Have you tried either of these? I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments