PM Skincare routine continued..

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In my last post, I talked through my current PM/evening cleansing routine. 
Cleansing your skin at night is one of the most important parts of your routine. If your skin is not properly cleansed, nothing that you apply afterwards is going to work properly. Make up is designed to stay on your face, so take the time to remove it.

I switch up what I use nearly every night, I call them 'treatment' products. These are the products I've found work best for me over the last couple of years, and keep my skin at it's best. 
Note: I have combination/oily skin, some of these products may not be suitable for very sensitive skins.

1. Alpha H Liquid Gold, £33.50 available here.

I had to put this first, as this is one of my favourite products I've ever used. It is an overnight treatment which looks like a toner. It's a clear liquid, that you put onto a cotton pad and wipe over the skin, then leave it on overnight. You can apply a moisturiser after application, but I tend to use it alone. The main ingredient in this is glycolic acid, which is an exfoliating acid. I know the word 'acid' may be a bit scary to some who haven't used AHA's before, but trust me, you won't regret starting. This helps bring new skin cells to the surface of the skin, and accelerates the repairing and renewing process, which leaves your skin brighter and smoother. It also helps to resurface the skin, which is great for acne scarring, bumps, large pores and breakouts. It's also a great treatment for fine lines and wrinkles. You may feel a tingling sensation upon application the first few times, some people do and some don't - it just depends on your skin, but don't panic, it'll disappear after a few uses.
I started using this once a week, but now I use it 2-3 times a week.

2. Decleor Aromessence Mandarine Smoothing Night Balm, £33.50 available here.

Decleor is one of my favourite skincare brands, most of their products are essential oil based. This is a concentrated balm that is left on overnight. You only need a tiny amount of this, I use it when my skin is feeling parched and dehydrated (mostly after a few too many drinks). It really replenishes and plumps the skin, it has essential oils of evening primrose, camellia, and hazelnut in it, and a lovely citrus orange scent. It is marketed for the first signs of ageing, however I think this is suitable for most skin types, all I will say is for oily skins, don't use too much.

3. Elemis SOS Emergency Cream £52.50 available here.

Image result for elemis sos emergency cream 50ml
This is an ultra rich nourishing cream, which gives an intense soothing & hydrating boost. It contains lavender & myrrh, along with other gorgeous ingredients. This is amazing on parched & sunburnt skin, sensitive, dry, and blemish prone, hormonal skin. I love this when I have a sore, red breakout, it really helps to take down any redness and balance the skin, and replenish moisture levels. The lavender scent is really relaxing too. I find this too thick to wear during the day, as it feels quite tacky on the skin, so make up doesn't sit well on top of it.

4. Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel £41.75 here.

overnight clearing gel
This is one of those products that I buy again and again, I am never without this in my stash.This contains salicylic acid - which is brilliant on breakouts and acne, aswell as tea tree which is naturally antiseptic, and zinc, which again is great for breakouts. It is a clear gel, that you can apply topically to spots, or apply all over the face. This helps regulate oil production in the skin, clears congestion and prevents future breakouts. I love this stuff.

5. ESPA Essential Cleansing Mask, £30, available here.

ESPA is another of my favourite brands, they are really high quality and effective. 
This mask can be used as a normal mask left on for 15-20 minutes, or as an overnight treatment which is what I prefer to do. It contains Kaolin clay, which helps balance excess oils and purifies, Rose geranium which is antiseptic, and marshmallow to soften and calm. This is suitable for all skin types, especially congested and oily skin. I put a thin layer of this all over my face before going to bed, and leave it on. It turns clear on the skin when it starts to work, so there is no mess all over your pillow. 

6. Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask, £30 available here.

I absolutely love this mask to use topically on any spots. Same as the ESPA one above, it can be used as a normal face mask, or left on overnight. I tend not to use this all over my face, as my cheeks don't really need it, it's more my T-zone and on breakouts. It contains lavender, which is really calming on redness, and antiseptic rosemary and thyme. This is most suitable for oily, congested skin, as it is really purifying. You may experience a tingling sensation upon application, but it's not overpowering, it's just because it's drawing out any impurities.


Thank you for reading, I hope this post has been helpful! Let me know some of your favourite products that you'd recommend in the comments below?

My next post will be coming in the next few days... 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I NEED Alpha H Liquid Gold in my life!! I also love the sound of Decleor smoothing night balm. Added to the shopping list!

    One product I would never be without is Decleor hydra-radiance cleansing mousse.

    ReplyDelete