Current Favourites

Saturday, January 02, 2016

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas & New Year! I can't believe it's 2016. I know I haven't posted in a while...I've just been busy over the Christmas period, as I'm sure you all were too.
Today I thought I'd go through my current favourites. These are not all skincare related, they include body, haircare and make-up.



1. Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne 

I was lucky enough to receive this for Christmas, after lusting after it for aaaaages! This has to be my favourite scent by Jo Malone, along with Vanilla & Anise. The smell is hard to describe, it's a really fresh, gorgeous smell, I just love it! All the Jo Malone scents are unisex, and most all come in a cologne, hand wash, bath oil and candle. You can also layer all Jo Malone scents, to create your own signature scent.

2. theBalm Mary Lou Manizer 



This is basically a highlighter, and it's my all time favourite one!  As you can tell from the second photo it's been well used since I've had it. I apply a very small amount of this to my cheekbones, to lift them and make my face appear brighter. If I'm going out or anything, I will also apply a little to my brow bone too. I like this one because it's not full of glitter particles, it's just a subtle glow (as long as you don't apply too much!).

3. Smashbox 'Shape Matters' Palette 




This was also a Christmas present (I think there's a theme going here..) and it's amazing, it has everything you need all in one palette. It'd be perfect for travelling, rather than taking lots of separate products. It has 2 brow shades & a brow highlighter, two face bronzers & two face highlighters, and 9 eye shadows. The eye shadows are all really wearable colours, some darker ones and glitzy ones for going out, and some neutral ones for everyday. The gold one pictured is my favourite one to wear for special occasions. 

4. Rituals Honey Touch Body Cream



This is one of my all time favourite body creams, it's quite a thick texture but it sinks into the skin really easily without leaving a greasy feeling. Rituals is a really gorgeous brand for body products & scent diffusers. The smell is really delicate, but gorgeous! I also have the shower oil in the same scent, pictured above.

5. Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil Primer

I love the Bumble & Bumble hair products, especially the Invisible oil range. I spray this onto wet hair before blow drying, it's a great de-tangler, smells amazing and is heat & UV protective. The Invisible Oil shampoo is sulfate free, and the conditioner is amazing. If you haven't tried any of them, Boots sell a travel kit with the shampoo, conditioner, and primer spray for around £18.00, which is really good considering the price of the products alone.

6. Jessica 'Ginger Snap' Nail Polish


I've been wearing this polish all over the Christmas period, if you can't wear glitter at Christmas then when can you?! I love the colour, it's like a rose gold, and it completely covers your nail in glitter, which I love! Some glitter polishes end up being clear with a tiny amount of glitter in them which doesn't cover your nail, that really frustrates me. This colour matches my favourite pair of shoes too, which is always a bonus! 

7. Pixi Glow Tonic


I've mentioned this toner on here before, and this is a smaller size that I got in my M&S beauty calendar! For more information on this toner, read this post about toning.

8. Elemis SOS Emergency Cream


I ran out of my last bottle of this a few weeks ago, and I've just repurchased it. It's one of my favourite products to use at night as a 'treatment' product. It's amazing on dry skin, spots, hormonal, stressed skin, and redness. It smells amazing too. I have mentioned this before on here too, to read more info about it, read this post here.

Thank you for reading, Happy New Year! Some wise words to stick by....
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments