August Favourites!

Friday, August 26, 2016

This month I've had a few discoveries that I'd like to share, beauty and non-beauty related! 

1. OGX Hydrate & Defrizz Kukui oil, £7.35


I ran out of my Bumble & Bumble Invisible oil, and bought this on a whim as I needed something to apply to my hair before blow drying. I have fallen in love with it! I love the OGX shampoos & conditioners, mainly because they are sulfate free and aren't full of silicones like most other brands. They are also really affordable. 
Firstly, it smells AMAZING, and I like the fact it comes in a spray, so it's almost impossible to use too much and overload your hair. It really helps make my hair shiny & smooth before I dry it. I don't actually own a pair of straighteners, all I do is use a round brush with my hairdryer, so I like products that help my hair stay soft and silky.

2. The Library of Fragrance Pistachio Ice Cream Eau de Toilette, £15.00
I have been eye-ing these fragrances up for a while in Boots as they are inexpensive, but look expensive, and are easy to wear everyday as they are not too overpowering. They have loads of different ones, from Grass to Gin & Tonic, there is one for everyone, and you can layer them too to create your own bespoke scent!
I absolutely adore this one because it smells literally the SAME as Laura Mercier's Creme de Pistache range, which I am in love with, and it's a fraction of the price. I love all of the Laura Mercier Bath & Body range, they are all inspired by French patisserie. 
I love sweet, light perfumes for everyday wear. If you're not into sweet fragrances, or smelling like a walking dessert, then this won't be for you! I want to get the Vanilla Ice Cream one next, it smells divine. 

3. NYX Butter Gloss in 'Creme Brulee' £5.00
Image result for nyx butter gloss
I've recently become a big fan of NYX make-up, it's really inexpensive, but is actually good quality. I have their Matte finish setting spray, which I use over my foundation and concealer to make it last longer, and it helps combat any shine on my skin throughout the day. I love this lip gloss as the texture is perfect, it's not too thin that it disappears, but not too sticky that it feels uncomfortable. There are loads of different shades in this, I want to get some more! I think the packaging is really cute too. It tastes sweet and sugary, and makes your lips look succulent and sweet. 

4. Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in 'Las Salinas' £30.00
























I discovered this when my friend was having her make up done for her wedding, the make up artist used it on her and it looked amazing, so I asked what it was. I bought this soon afterwards, and I'm so glad I did, I've used it everyday since, I love it! It's a twist up stick, and it can be used on your cheeks as a blush/highlight, or on the lips. It's so easily blendable, I just dab it on my cheek with my finger and spread it out a little, and it doesn't drag the rest of my make-up around my face. It gives a really subtle, dewy shimmer, and gives a lovely hint of colour that isn't too pink, and it also smells incredible!! You can smell it on your face for ages afterwards, it's lovely.

5. 'Stranger Things' on Netflix
This is non-beauty related, it's a series on Netflix called Stranger Things, it's amazing!  My boyfriend and I have been obsessed with it, it's absolutely addicting!  It's about a young boy who vanishes into thin air, and the story unfolds from there.  It was only released in July this year, so roughly a month ago, and the reviews on this have been incredible, it's nearly at the same rating as Game of Thrones on imdb.com! I won't ruin it for you, but check out the trailer below:




I hope you find some of these as exciting as I have! What have your favourites been this month?

You Might Also Like

0 comments