Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Tanning Oil: Review

Thursday, September 08, 2016

So this is a tanner that's been on my 'must try' list for ages now. I was in Boots not too long ago, and I couldn't resist picking up a bottle. 



Bondi Sands is the Number 1 tanning brand in Australia, and it's no wonder. This is the only product I've tried from their range, and I'm loving it.
The bottle is 150ml,  and it costs £14.99 in Boots, here. 



It comes in a spray dispenser, and it's a dry oil, the formula dries really quickly and doesn't feel sticky or uncomfortable on the skin. The scent is a very subtle coconut scent, which is lovely, I haven't noticed that giveaway 'tan' smell when I've applied it either. 

I apply this by spraying it directly onto my skin, and blending it out with a tanning mitt, it's so easy to spread, and it seems almost impossible to get any streaks.

Upon application, I noticed that the liquid is very runny, so once you've sprayed it onto an area, you need to start blending straight away, or you risk it running off your skin and onto the floor. I expected this, due to it not being a lotion or mousse, so I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. 



Something which I did find slightly irritating, was that you can't turn the bottle upside down to spray it, you must keep it upright, this makes it a bit more difficult for areas like the back of your legs or on your back, but not impossible though. It'd be great if in future it came in a 360° bottle. 

The colour when you first apply it is lovely, it's subtle and golden, and not too noticeable or dark. One of my favourite things about this, is that it doesn't transfer onto your clothes or bedsheets, at all. Which is amazing. I think you could even apply this and then go out afterwards, rather than having to hide in the house like a recluse. Some of the descriptions I've read actually say that there's no wash off required. 


Straight after application 

Something that some may find difficult is that once you've blended it, there's no real guide colour, so you can't see very well where you've applied it, this could result in some mishaps if you're not someone who uses tanners very often. However, I think this tan is pretty foolproof, because of the light consistency and how easy it is to blend.

When I wake up the next day, my skin looks a light brown/golden shade, and it isn't too intense. I think this is going to be my chosen tan throughout the colder months, as it's a natural looking colour, normally in Summer I use quite dark tans. Yes, I wear tan during the autumn & winter months too, it just gives me a glow. I think if I'm going out somewhere I may apply two layers, to give a slightly more intense colour.


The next day 

I haven't used this on my face yet, however I intend to. If you have, please let me know how it turned out! 

All in all, I'd definitely recommend this if you'd like a natural golden tan, that lasts up to a week, and is easy to work with! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments