Body Shop Haul

Thursday, September 29, 2016

So, I wanted to go to the Body Shop to pick up another Camomile cleansing oil, I love it as a first cleanse to remove make up. I'm quite picky when it comes to the Body Shop products, I like their body products and some of their face products. Anyway, I ended up coming out with a few things.. so I thought I'd share what I got! The links to all the products are included. 

The first couple of items I got was of course, the Camomile cleansing oil, and also the Camomile cleansing butter. These are both great at melting make up and giving a really deep cleanse, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth. They are both inexpensive for the quality which is always a bonus.



I wanted to try the Pinita Colada range ever since it first came out this year. Every Summer, the Body Shop bring out a limited edition range of body products, that always sell out super quickly. Last year they did a Virgin Mojito range, which smelt so fresh, it was gorgeous! 
This year, it was a Pina Colada scented range, including a body scrub, body butter, body  sorbet and shower gel. I picked up the shower gel, and the body sorbet. This range has pretty much all sold out now, so I'll link the only product that is still available online in the range, here
I like Pina Colada cocktails, so of course I want to walk around smelling like one! Anything that smells coconut-ty or fruity, I know I'll love it, and I wasn't disappointed...it smells like a perfect blend of pineapple and coconut. 



I love the shower gel, it feels like a real treat using it in the morning, it's a nice creamy texture but not too heavy, and it lathers up really well with a body puff. The packaging is lovely too, looks really high end! 
I'm not sure on the body sorbet, it has a texture that I've never come across in a body moisturiser before...I guess that's why it's called a sorbet! It says that you're meant to put it in the fridge before applying it for a really fresh feeling, but since the weather has been getting colder, I haven't been brave enough to do that yet! It is literally a like applying sorbet  to your skin... it almost feels 'bitty' or slightly powdery, I can't put my finger on it! Maybe it's just me, but I don't like being able to 'feel' a body product sitting on my skin.  I'm going to keep persevering with it though, as I love the scent and don't want it to go to waste.


I wanted a couple of bath products as I don't have many, so I picked up the Egyptian Milk & Honey bath from the 'Spa of the World' range. Image result for body shop egyptian milk and honey bath

It comes in this cute little brown pouch with a little wooden scooper, it's a powder that you add to your bathwater to turn it into a silky, creamy milk. I've loved using this, it feels special and exciting when I add it in the bath! It smells really relaxing and not too strong, it leaves your skin feeling really smooth and moisturised. It makes me feel so Cleopatra-esque! I'd like to try some of the other 'Spa of the World' items.



I got the Wild Argan oil bubbling bath. 


It smells really rich and luxurious, however I don't think I'd purchase this again as it didn't bubble up much, and my skin felt a bit tight and dry after using it, rather than moisturised. 

I managed to pick up the Honeymania Bath Melt, although the assistant told me that the Honeymania range is discontinuing which is a shame. It's like a floral smell mixed with honey. It's a really creamy, rich texture, and bubbles up nicely, it feels like pure indulgence when I use this. 


I also got the Banana shampoo & conditioner as I'd heard so much about it. Firstly, it smells delicious! I absolutely love the scent, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. 



My opinion on these is slightly mixed. I'm not a fan of the shampoo, although I love the smell of it! When I first used it, it made my hands wrinkly instantly, as soon as I started lathering it into my hair, my hands went wrinkly, you know how they go when you've been in water for too long... I hate that feeling, it makes me cringe! My hair felt quite stripped afterwards too, looking at the ingredients, it's mainly water and sulfates which would explain why. On the other hand, I really like the conditioner. It makes my hair feel silky and soft, and the smell lingers in my hair afterwards. 

The last few things I got are all travel/mini sizes that were next to the till, I thought these would be a good way of trying out some of their other products. I got the Coconut body milk, the Mango body whip, the Honeymania shower gel and the Honeymania lip butter




I'm loving using all of these, I already have the coconut body mist, so the body milk is a really nice extra addition. The mango one smells incredible, I think I'm going to invest in some more of the mango products. The honeymania shower gel is really nice, it actually doesn't smell much like honey, just a soft, almost floral smell! The lip butter is okay, not amazing but it feels nice when you apply it. I prefer my Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm. 

I'm really pleased with what I got - I have a few more things on my list! What are your favourite products from the Body Shop?

You Might Also Like

0 comments