Autumn Candle Haul

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Over the past few weeks, I've stocked up on some new candles. I always, always have candles around the house, but even more so when the season changes into Autumn/Winter. 
Autumn and Winter without scented candles is just, missing something. I love how a candle can make a room feel so much cosier, when the fragrance fills the room, and I think candles also make a great gift. 

Controversially, I'm not a fan of Yankee candles. I like some of them, but not the popular jar ones, I just don't like the look of them. For the price, I think the packaging could be a lot nicer. Although I have to admit, some of the scents are lovely.

So without further rambling, I'll show you what I got! 

Elemis Joyful Glow candle
Every Winter, Elemis bring out their Christmas candle. This year it's called 'Joyful Glow' and the scent is a sweet concoction of vanilla, orange and cinnamon. It's absolutely gorgeous, it smells so warming and comforting, I have this one lit as I type. 


 I think this candle is one of the best I've ever had when it comes to scent strength. You can smell it when you walk past it when it's not even lit, but when it is lit, the scent just fills the room. This is £27.50, here, and also available from any Elemis spas or retailers. 

Elemis Frangipani Glow candle
The Frangipani body range from Elemis is one of my favourite scents, ever. It's an exotic, sweet, heady aroma that is just so luxurious and is a cult favourite. This year, they have finally brought out a Frangipani candle, so you can have your home smelling amazing too!

The scent transports you to a tropical island with it's notes of coconut, ylang ylang and vanilla, as well as frangipani. It's sheer heaven! If you've never smelt any of the Elemis Frangipani range, get yourself to your closest stockist and give it a sniff! This is also £27.50, here.

Elemis British Botanical Glow candle
Last year, Elemis launched their British Botanical body range, to celebrate their British heritage. The aroma throughout the range is blended with carefully selected British grown botanicals, including essential oils of Lavender, Chamomile, Geranium and Palmarosa. 

The scent of this is beautiful, it's such a fresh, I'd say unisex scent as it's not very sweet. I keep this in the bedroom, I find the aroma so relaxing to help me sleep. This is also £27.50, here. 

Elemis Sweet Orchid Glow candle
As you can see, I really stocked up on the Elemis candles! These won't be available all year round, which is why I wanted to get my hands on them as soon as I could. The Sweet Orchid range is relatively new to Elemis, it's a delicate floral, fresh exotic scent.

This range has rivalled the ever popular Frangipani range of Elemis', so if you're not into the Frangipani scent you may like this one! It's a blend of Oriental Orchid, Jasmine and Sandalwood. I keep this one in the bathroom, I love lighting it when I have a bath, it's lovely and relaxing, as well as being quite fresh. This is also £27.50, here.

I love the jars of the Elemis candles, I love how the 'Elemis' wording lights up when you light the candle, and the little bows create a magical, illuminated look. They all have 40 hours burn time, which is really good considering Jo Malone candles for example, are 45 hours burn time, and are £42 each. 

Busy Bee Candles
I come across the Busy Bee candles on the internet, I wanted to find some good quality, scented candles that were made in the UK, that had Autumnal scents within their range. I curse the UK for not having Bath & Body Works! 
I decided to buy three candles, in the small size. These were £8.99 each, and the scents are available in 5 sizes; tealight, mini me, small, medium and large. 

The Busy Bee candle company is based in Wales, and all the candles are handmade, with soy wax rather than paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is derived from petrol, and is used in cheaper candles, which can produce toxic fumes. So soy wax candles are much better for you, your pets and the environment!
The three scents I got are Pumpkin Pie, Magical Autumn, and Toffee Apple. 

My favourite of the scents is by far Pumpkin Pie, it's so sweet and warm. It's described on the website as; "ginger, mixed spices and delicious sweet pumpkin combine for a seasonal treat." I've got this in my kitchen and when it's lit, it literally smells like I've been slaving away baking an actual pumpkin pie, I love it! You can get this one here. 

The scent Magical Autumn smells different than I expected, it's described on the website as; "A truly magical scent for autumn. Top notes of apple and lemon sit aboveᅠspices of ginger, star anise and cinnamon with a deep base of woods, musk & vanilla." I thought this would smell more sweet and cinnamon-like, but the main smell I get from this is the star anise, it's nice, and I'll burn it, but it's not my favourite. This one is available here.

The last one, Toffee Apple, I bought because I absolutely adore toffee apples around Halloween! Strangely, when I smell this in the jar it smells really clean, which sounds strange, but it smells like clean washing or shampoo/body wash or something. However, when it's lit, I can smell the toffee apple! So strange. You can pick this one up here.

I stupidly didn't realise that you are supposed to trim the wick of the candle to prevent it producing black smoke, I'm assuming that if I had done this, there wouldn't be black soot around the edges of the tops of the jars?
Overall, I'm pleased with these candles, I hope that in future there is more stockists, as I like to smell candles before buying them, so it can be difficult ordering online. I have my eye on so many of the scents! Mulled cider sounds right up my street, Ginger Christmas and Christmas spice sound amazing for burning in December. 

Check out the Busy Bee candles website for more, there are lots of different scents and types of candles. They also do candles called 'Elegance' candles in a different jar with wooden wicks so they make a crackling sound as they  burn. There is also cute little wax melts that you can put into your wax warmers called 'Magik Beanz' which are supposed to give off a really strong fragrance. So many things I want to try!

B&M Bargains Candles
Although these candles aren't the best quality, I am partial to the odd B&M candle. Some of them look really nice and are nice to burn day-to-day, especially if you don't want to feel guilty about burning your slightly more expensive candles!

I picked up these glass copper/rose gold reflective candles in the vanilla scent, in two sizes. The larger one has 3 wicks.


It's not the strongest scent, but it's just enough to give a slight hint of vanilla in the air. I was drawn to these mainly for the packaging! 



There are other scents in different colours of these too, unfortunately I can't remember the price of these! I think the small one was around £2.99 and the larger one around £3-4.99! 

I also got this 3 wick Spiced Cinnamon candle, which is perfect for this time of year. Again, the scent isn't the strongest, however it looks pretty and has a subtle hint of aroma. 

Something that irritated me with this candle is that I couldn't find one on the shelf with the sticker on straight! 



There were a few other scents in the same candle of this one too, which seemed nice, but this was my favourite. 

As you can see, I'm good for candles at the moment, although I'm sure they'll be used up quickly, as I light one pretty much every night! 

What are your favourite candles at the moment? I'd love to know! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments