Autumn Favourites!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I've decided to combine my September/October/November favourites into one post, as I didn't have many favourites in each month alone! 


Elemis' Sweet Orchid range is relatively new, there is a body cream, body oil, shower cream and hand cream. It's a really fresh, exotic floral scent that reminds me of being on holiday, it's almost like a perfume scent. 
I got the shower cream in a kit I bought a while ago, and loved using it as a body wash, adding it to the bath, and it's nice to use to shave with, too! However, I decided to try it one day as a shampoo...and O.M.G...I love it!
I always shampoo my hair twice (have done for years), kind of like a double cleanse on the face...first one to remove surface dirt and oils, and second to really get in deeper and clean my scalp and hair properly. It makes such a difference, before I started doing this I used to find that my hair would get greasy more quickly and it needed washing much more often, and generally seemed more 'clogged'. Have you ever noticed at the hairdressers that they shampoo your hair twice? There's obviously good reason behind doing it! 

2. Jessica nail polish in 'Pumpkin Delight' £11, here

Image result for jessica nail polish pumpkin delight
I've been loving wearing this throughout the past few weeks, particularly at Halloween, mainly because of the name! The colour is gorgeous, a sparkly, bronzy gold colour. It really catches the light, and is lovely for a special occasion.

3. Mii make up - Forever Eye Colour Crayon, £17, here



We use the Mii make up brand where I work, and I absolutely love these eye crayons. I love eyeshadow sticks for everyday wear, their staying power is much better than powder eyeshadow, and I find that they don't crease as much. I've also been using this as a base, and applying powder eyeshadow on top  - it lasts alot longer this way. The colour of this is a natural, light champagne/gold colour which just brightens the eyes and gives a slight shimmer. It's really creamy and super blendable, you can apply it in a few seconds and be done!



This is probably the most long lasting gel liner I've ever used! It's a really good price for what you get - a brush, plus the liner. It's an intense black colour, and will literally last you all day, it's so long wearing. Hence the name 24hour! 


I got a full size of this included in my last 'Tili' beauty box. If you haven't heard of the Tili boxes before, read my post here. This primer is designed to give your skin a subtle glow under your make-up, even out your skin tone and help diminish redness. The one I got is in the shade 'bronze' and gives a sheer tint. 




I thought this would almost look like fake tan when I applied it, but it doesn't give a brown look to the skin at all, more of just a glow. I love anything that makes my skin glow! There are a few shades in this, an original one with no tint to it, and also a champagne one which looks lovely. 


I've been wanting to try the Tonic body oil by Clarins for aaaages now, and I saw this Tonic set from Debenhams on Instagram, and thought it would be a great way to try some of the range. The range is meant to be great for stretch marks, firming and toning the skin. It can be used all over the body, including the thighs, bum, stomach, bust and tops of the arms. 

The set includes the full size Tonic Bath & shower concentrate, full size Tonic Body Balm, a cosmetic bag, plus a small candle. The products smell lovely, combining rosemary, rosewood, mint and geranium. I've loved using the shower concentrate in the morning, the smell is refreshing and invigorating. The body balm is a gorgeous texture and scent. 
I've since found this set on Feel Unique which I wish was out when I bought mine, as I really want to try the body oil! 

7. Harry Potter

Image result for harry potter butterbeer

This is a bit of a random favourite, but over the past couple of weeks I've had a bit of a Harry Potter film marathon. I really enjoyed watching them all, I became hooked on watching them! I hadn't watched them in order before, and I'd only seen a few snippets of the different films so I wasn't really sure which was which. It was good to understand the storylines properly. I now want to visit Harry Potter studios and make butterbeer! I've also seen online that apparently, there is a 'Harry Potter GO' app coming out...similar idea to Pokemon GO. I'll definitely be interested in playing! 

I ordered this bath shelf on ebay, and I love it! I've wanted one for ages, a nice looking one. The one I have linked to is more expensive than mine, but it's exactly the same. I got mine for around £20. 

Image result for wooden bath shelf drink holder

It's so handy when you're in the bath, there's a slot to hold a wine glass, a metal book holder for books or to lean your iPad on, and also a space to put your phone on. It also looks nice with just a few of your favourite bath products displayed on it, plus it's adjustable so it fits most bath sizes comfortably.

Image result for wooden bath shelf drink holder

10. Body Shop Shimmering Dry Oil £16.00, here

























I've been loving using this on my legs, arms and decollete when I'm going out somewhere, it's the most gorgeous subtle sheen, and gives a gorgeous golden glow. 




 The top is very small so it helps control you much you use, you only need a very small amount. It really compliments your tan, and highlights areas to make you appear more toned.
















It has a really lovely smell, like a fresh honey/floral scent, it's difficult to explain really but I love it! There are two shades, I went for the lighter one, as I think the darker one would look 
better in the Summer. 

11. MUA Luxe Glow Beam Highlighting Powder, £5.00 here
The glow from this highlighter is unreal, it's so reflective and glowy - I love it! It's an amazing price at only £5.00! 



You twist the edge and it sort of cuts into the powder to release some of it, this is really useful as it doesn't get all over the place when you open it. 


I just love the glow on this - it looks gorgeous on the cheekbones and decolette when you have a special occasion. 



What are your current favourite products? Have you tried any of these? I'd love to know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments