Sleek Make Up: A mixed Review

Thursday, April 14, 2016

There seems to be a theme going in my last couple of posts, I seem to have accumulated some new make up items all at once! 

Today I'd like to show you a couple of items I picked up fairly recently, and to be honest, it's a mixed review. 

The first item is the Sleek Face Form Contour Kit in 'Medium'. It's pretty inexpensive at £9.99 for three powders, and is available at Boots, here and Superdrug, here. A while ago I needed a new bronzer, and I picked this up quickly on a whim, without really knowing anything about it. The first one on the left is a sculpting contour powder, the middle one is a highlighter, and the one on the right is a bronzer. 





The sculpting powder is a good colour for contouring as it's not too warm, however I found it quite difficult to blend. I didn't get on with the bronzer either, it seemed to cling to random areas on my face and wasn't very blendable, unlike some of my other powders, and it ended up looking like a muddy patch on my face.  



The highlighter is quite a nice colour, with a subtle shimmery finish. I wouldn't pick this up again though unfortunately, due to the other two not being what I had hoped for! 


The next item is another Sleek palette, in 'Solstice'. It's a highlighting palette that can be used on the face, eyes and body. I love highlighters, it's probably one of my favourite make-up items, so this one easily lured me in. It's very inexpensive at £9.99, and is available at Boots, and Superdrug



There are 4 shades in this palette, one is a cream formula, two are baked powders and one is a shimmer powder. A 'baked' powder basically means that the product started out as a liquid, and is baked into a solid powder which appears marbled. This then means there is more pigment and it is more blendable.  Baked products seem to be all the rage at the moment! If anyone has heard of the (very expensive) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, I'd say this is the drugstore dupe of it. 



Something I really like about these is the names of each of the shades;
  • the top left is called 'Ecliptic' which is the cream formula
  • 'Hemisphere' is the top right lilac baked powder
  • 'Subsolar' is the bottom left lemony silky powder
  • 'Equinox' is the bottom right, baked golden bronze shade.
The packaging is a lovely reflective rose gold (anything rose gold is sold on me immediately!) and it comes with a small applicator brush, which to be honest, I always throw away. I always find the applicators that come with eyeshadows and face palettes are rubbish.

The formulations are lovely, I like to use the creamy one on my eyes as an eyeshadow alone, and I sometimes add one of the other powder colours on top, as I find they stick to the creamy-ness really well. 
I've been loving the golden bronze as a highlighter above my brows, and on my cheekbones, and the pale lemony yellow in the inner corner of my eyes and on my cupids bow. The only one I haven't had as much wear from is the lilac one, although I've been using it as an eyeshadow a lot recently.

This is a very affordable palette, the wear of the shades isn't amazing, but it lasts long enough, and isn't too glittery so you don't end up looking like a Christmas bauble. I'd definitely recommend this if you want that J-Lo glow (who doesn't?

You Might Also Like

0 comments