Topshop Make Up Review

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Something I love about make-up, is that you can tell straight away whether you like the product. As soon as you apply it, you know if you are happy with it. Whereas with skincare, it isn't as 'instant' as you often need to use it for a little while before you see results.

I picked up two items recently from Topshop's make up range, I've heard such a lot of buzz around the products, I decided to try a couple of things. The products are all very affordable, and the packaging is quite nice too. 

I've had one of their products for a long time, their lipstick in the shade 'Nevada' here. I got it after seeing Krystal Dawn use it, she's a make up artist who I follow on Instagram, who often works on celebrities such as Jessica Wright, Vicky Pattison and Michelle Keegan. It's a pale nude colour, I like to wear it if I'm going out somewhere, I don't ever wear lipstick during the day, and I'm not really into bright or dark colours, I prefer more natural looking ones.



 It's a perfect 'your lips but better' sort of shade. I like to put a thin layer of gloss over it, otherwise it seems to highlight any dry areas on my lips. It's very inexpensive at £8.00, so I'd definitely recommend checking out some of their other lipsticks. 

I recently got the Chameleon Highlighter in Mother of Pearl, here. It's £12.50, and is the most gorgeous shimmery highlighter ever! 




It's a lovely golden colour, that looks slightly different colours in different lights (hence the Chameleon name). This is a multi use product that can be used on the eyes, as well as to highlight areas of the face like the cheekbones, cupids bow, etc.




It's very reflective, with golden glittery flecks in it. I have tried this during the day but felt it looked a little too 'obvious' and glitzy on the skin, so I think I'd rather use this in the evening, and I think it'd look great in pictures. 

I also got the Chameleon Glow eyeshadow, in Shuffle the Cards, here. It's £9, and this is my favourite one by far. 




This is also multi-use, however it's much smaller in size. It's a rose gold colour, but again it almost changes colour under different lights. It has an amazing iridescent finish, and it really sparkles in the light, I love this on the eyes in the evening. 



I also a little clip on my instagram page here to show the true colours and extent of the sparkles and reflectiveness! Take a look. 



Have you tried any of the Topshop make up range? I hear their liquid liner is great too! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments